Sunday 22 October 2017

Small Christmas Card, (Poppystamps) Wrapped Star + Folk Star, Distressed Edges

It's Poppystamps playtime I'm sharing with you today...
or more specifically the results of my playtime.

So here it is - a quick and simple card made to play along with their latest challenge.







The theme for this month?


PSC#37
(Masking/Using a Mask).



I ran with the idea I had in my head for this one. 

To be honest, you can't really go too far wrong with brown and blue anyway, can you?  So I can't take any credit for how this has turned out...

It's an easy peasy, simple card...  but somehow I love it.
(And it's dead easy to 'batch make' - if you're into that time saving thing)!




Here's a quick photo of most of the supplies used...



Three ink colours, two dies and some repositional adhesive spray...  
plus a bell and some twine.

Like I said.  Easy peasy!




Need a quick 'how to'?

*

Cut out one Poppystamps 'Wrapped Star' die cut and spray Crafters Companion/Stick & Spray - Repositional Adhesive onto the back of it.
(This is your mask/stencil).

Place the mask onto your card and using a finger dauber, add Holtz 'Broken China' ink in and around the stencil.
(You want to be more heavy handed with your 'finger dauber action' in the middle of the stencil and have a lighter touch as you move out from the centre of the star).

Do the same thing again using Holtz 'Walnut Stain' ink - being sure to leave enough of a gap for the Mirri star to be placed in between.

The Poppystamps 'Folk Star' has been made from three layers of Mirri card - all glued together.  
Once dry, simply use a Pokey Tool to add two holes and then thread through the twine and attach the bell before tying in a bow.

Add a small amount of PVA Glue to secure the knot (dries clear), plus a few sequins.

A hint of Holtz 'Hickory Smoke' and 'Walnut Stain' ink was added all around the edge of this design prior to using a Paper Distress Tool.  
(You can still see the ink but it gives a softer, gentler finish if you do it this way). 

Add a tiny bit of paper tearing around the edge.

Glue into position on a card front...

Finished.


*




I'm also entering this into the following challenge:

Challenge #264 - Clean And Simple






I can't stress how much it means to me when you take the time to stop by...   especially when you leave a comment, too. 

You really do brighten my day...

Donna. x

18 comments:

  1. I think your card is stunning Donna and you should take full credit. I do love the colours and the design is great. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Barb.
      Blue and Brown are always a winner.
      Hope you are doing ok.
      Keep catching up and falling behind!
      Hugs. x

      Delete
  2. Great colour combination and such an artsy card. Great masking and clever use of the die. Unique and gorgeous Christmas card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna! I love your card - the colors are gorgeous together but they can't take all the credit! Love the design and how you put this together. Simply beautiful. -Jennifer Svare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card you have created Donna, love how you have used these star dies! beautiful layout and colours.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Striking card! Thanks for joining us at ATSM
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. An easy but very effective project Donna!
    Hugs, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really very lovely, Donna ... stenciling is always the technique I forget to put to paper - don't know why, but guessing it has to do with my lack of blending skills. Practice makes perfect? Or perhaps I'll just love watching you do it - and do it so well! a gorgeous card...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again... many, many thanks.
      Me... blending skills? Not a chance! I just do what feels right and then work with what I've got! Daubers don't require skill - honest they don't! You should try. You'll surprise yourself, I'm sure.
      Doing my best to keep my chin up but next few months the hardest.
      Thank you for your bloggy friendship. Xxx

      Delete
  8. Beautiful card Donna! I love the stars that you used for stencils - the intricate design looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just brilliant Donna! Everything you make is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if only that were true! 🤣
      I think the same when I look at your makes, lovely lady. 🙂😊

      Delete